Lorraine Kiefer can be booked for speaking engagements at Triple Oaks or at a location of your choosing.
Rates are $250 for a talk or presentation not held at Triple Oaks. Travel is additional if talk is more than 35 miles away. Programs that include workshops include materials.
Craft classes may be booked for groups of 12 or more. Prepayment two weeks before for the minimum, additional may be added up to one day before.
Lorraine offers a series of lectures and demonstrations for groups
Luncheons are $45/person
Pre-registration is required well in advance
A minimum of 20 people are required, and no more than 35
We require a non-refundable $100 deposit at the time of booking, plus a tax number certificate if available. Two weeks prior to luncheon a second payment to cover 20 people is required. This policy is necessary as we sometimes have another group wanting to reserve the same date. Additional people can be added until date of luncheon.
All food is freshly prepared the morning of the program by Lorraine in her kitchen. The setting is informal in our basement workshop where herbs are dried and flowers arranged. Most garden clubs enjoy this setting, but come take a peek before booking if unsure. There are two restrooms, one on each floor.
Groups meet in the herb garden 10-15 minutes before the luncheon for a short tour and talk. If your group is interested in gardening and the outdoors, it is suggested that you come early and walk through the "back nursery" along the Maurice River, if weather permits. It is beautiful with the changing seasons, a chance to see wildlife, wildflowers, and where the plants are grown. (Please wear comfortable shoes.)
Full Menu Includes:
Wine, tea, coffee, herb water
Soup, salad, herb bread and butter
Saute chicken in tarragon and wine
Dilled potatoes, two seasonal vegetables
Six or more desserts!
- Starting the Herb Garden Naturally
- Starting the Kitchen Garden naturally
- Herbs in the Medieval Monastery
- Harvesting & Using Herbs
- Flower Arranging Naturally
- Christmas Decorations Naturally
- Planting Natives & Wildflowers in a Natural Setting
- Gardening Naturally
- Kaleidoscope of Color throughout the Year
- Fragrant Garden throughout the Year
- Music and Herbs in the Medieval monastery, Ted and Lorraine do this program in a church, preferably with a pipe organ. Fee is $400 plus travel if more than 25 miles.
- Pisanki, the ancient Eastern European art of egg decorating is done only at Triple Oaks.
- Many fall workshops dealing with the harvest can be scheduled to make herb vinegar or herbal wall hangings or wreaths.
- Holiday Floral design courses may be scheduled for groups.